What is it?
Raise Awareness on Domestic Abuse & Mental Health in BAME communities through educational workshops. To raise awareness within BAMER communities around:
- Domestic Abuse and Mental Health.
- Services that are available locally for support with these issues.
Who is it for?
BAME communities across Tameside.
Receive support accessing specialist services for mental health and domestic abuse. This will be done via educational workshops with relevant partners, attending events and campaigns and working with other organisations in TAMESIDE who are trying to support residents with these issues.
In addition this project offers domestic abuse, mental health educational workshop for men from BAMER communities with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and to tackle this issue.
- Have a greater awareness of domestic abuse and mental health in BAME communities
- Help others
- Have fun
- Meet new people
- Volunteering opportunities for community champions
- Get involved in the local and national campaign to raise awareness around domestic abuse and mental health.
- Gain confidence
How can I Join?
To join ring Ruhela on 07835 667 217 or 0161 368 3268 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.