The most important thing you can do right now, is to STAY AT HOME. If you are feeling unwell and experience symptoms CALL 111. DO NOT go to the pharmacy or the GP.
There is a new COVID-19 testing centre now open in Tameside on the council car park on Darnton Road in Ashton-under-Lyne. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss of or change in your normal send of taste of smell) you can book a test at http://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
You can also check if you have symptoms at home by using the NHS 111 online: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19
For emergencies, ring the Emergency Services on 999.
For further health advice please visit:
- Information about vaccines in Bangla: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T16zd4IW0bk&feature=youtu.be
- Information about vaccines in Urdu: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGjZbH1t8Jc&feature=youtu.be
- Tameside Be Well Service: Help to lose weight, cutting down on drinking, giving up smoking or tobacco, improving your diet, being more active, feeling better about yourself and improving your sleep: https://www.penninecare.nhs.uk/bewelltameside
- The NHS website: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Healthwatch England: www.healthwatch.co.uk/advice-and-information/2020-03-24/information-coronavirus
- Government advice for households with possible infection: www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- Worries about the mental health of your child during COVID-19: Tameside and Glossop Early Attachment Service offer a weekly “drop-in” consultation service for parents (from pregnancy up to a child’s fifth birthday) and health professionals. Ring 0161 716 3569 to request a slot.
- Health advice for people who are high risk: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-people-at-high-risk/
- Tameside Hospital: www.tamesidehospital.nhs.uk/
- Advice on staying happy and healthy by Ashton Medical Group: 9 top tips to keep you healthy during COVID-19
- Support scientists at Kings College London to track COVID-19 via app: https://covid.joinzoe.com/
- Ramadan and COVID-19 advice: https://mcb.org.uk/mcb-updates/coronavirus-guidance-for-mosques-and-madrassas/
- COVID-19 information from the deaf health charity “Sign Health”: www.signhealth.org.uk/
- Quitting smoking during COVID-19: www.tamesideandglossopccg.org/news/tameside’s-quit-smoking-service-is-changing
- Free dental advice over the phone: https://www.dentalhealth.org/dentalhelpline
- Managing dental problems at home: https://www.mydentist.co.uk/dental-health/dental-treatments/managing-dental-problems-at-home-during-covid-19
- Greater Manchester Urgent Dental Care Telephony Service: https://www.gtdhealthcare.co.uk/patient-services/dental
- Needing to stop smoking or using chewing tobacco: https://www.penninecare.nhs.uk/bewelltameside. You can also contact Liza who is our BAMER Community Liaison Worker – she can help people be referred if they need to speak to someone in Hindi, Urdu or Bengali.