Mental Health Helpline for Tameside: Call 0800 014 9995 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free online counselling for young people from Kooth: https://www.kooth.com/
- Befriending through regular phonecalls due to the impact of isolation by local churches across Tameside and Glossop from Silvercord on telephone 0333 772 1939.
- Activities, information and advice for mental health from Mental health Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust: www.gmmh.nhs.uk/coronaviruswellbeing
- 10 tips to help you be happy: https://www.actionforhappiness.org/10-keys-to-happier-living
- A self help guide to manage your mental wellbeing during Coronavirus: https://www.togmind.org/news/practical-tips-and-ideas
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Greater good’s guide to wellbeing during the coronavirus: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/greater_good_guide_to_well_being_during_coronavirus
- Public Health England Every Mind Matters – Looking after your mental health: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- Mental health support, including bereavement, from Tameside and Glossop CCG: www.tamesideandglossopccg.org/mentalhealthsupport
For low/moderate mental health concerns, call Minds Matter on 0161 343 5748. For severe mental health distress or suicidal thoughts, call the Access Team on 0161 716 4247.
- Tameside mental health support: https://www.tameside.gov.uk/MentalHealth/Local-Support-Services-For-Mental-Health-and-Wellb